At Thatcher Retractables, it feels great to say, “We make awnings and we are really good at it!”
In a day where everyone is talking about the virtues of outsourcing, we are proud to “in-source” as much work as possible.
What are the benefits?
- When you make the product, you control the process and the quality of the product.
- We are able to adapt and customize our products to our region, and more specifically, to each customer.
- By the very nature of making the product, we are the experts in the product. It doesn’t take much expertise to issue a purchase order.
- Without a middle man or sales company, the homeowner can get the information straight from the manufacturer—Thatcher Retractables!
What are the drawbacks?
- It takes time to make awnings by hand. The product is not sitting on a shelf in a warehouse. While our lead times are competitive, it does take time to make.
- Expert craftsman expect to be paid a commensurate amount for their services.
When given the choice, most homeowners would rather buy a product that is manufactured locally. Quality is an investment that smart consumers are willing to make.
Check out our manufacturing facility via google tours on our website @ www.rolloutavacation.com/tour-thatcher/